Friday, June 4, 2010

Back in the studio









I've been in the new apartment three weeks now and it is starting to feel like home, especially since I have been working in the studio. There is still more to do, have made, and fix up, but when I am painting, I forget about everything else.

It's the hottest time of the year in San Miguel, so I take advantage of the cool mornings to heat up the encaustic paint and get the torch going.

I think I have finished the painting for the group show, "My Mexico". I'll work on something else for a while and then decide if it is finished.

P.S. I decided that painting was finished and made another one. The largest I have attempted in encaustic; 35" x 47". Since I love painting the figure, I thought I could incorporate a figure into an abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.