Sunday, March 4, 2018

What's Next?

Even though I have been painting more years than many people reading this blog have been alive, I still go through periods of doubt in my ability. I consider it a honor to call myself an artist and always want to push myself farther and farther. What to do next?

I haven't been able to get back in the studio to work on the last painting I posted since I was traveling in the Yucatan for 9 days and I am in the midst of catching up on postings on my website, blogs, FB page, Instagram, etc., but while looking for a pack of tarot cards that I created from 33 of my paintings back in the early 90's, I found some copies and prints of paintings that I created years ago.
I mentioned to my daughter, "I really could paint!" At this point, perhaps I am trying to hard to be change styles and am influenced by other artists that I admire.

Here are some photos of the tour of the Yucatan. and some old paintings. I
colorful street in Campache

enjoying my stroll by the water


The pelican reserve when 30,000 birds safely nest

Talum, at least there was a ocean breeze

Lots of textured encaustic over oil

a painting I made about 17 years ago, sold

This one is from the 1980's. Stolen . I hope someone is enjoying it.

Another old painting, sold


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.