Monday, September 10, 2018

Abstract or Figurative?

I am working in the Vandiver Gallery 5 days a week where I meet new art lovers. Many are Spanish speaking. I do live in Mexico, and it is my responsibility to speak their language.


Many of the visitors also speak English and they kindly ask me where I am from. My accent gives me away. I do go to a private Spanish conversation class once a week, but I still need a lot more practice. I have heard that leaning, or attempting to learn a new language prevents the onslaught of Alzheimer's disease. Let's hope!

Just when I think I have figured out what my collectors want, I am surprised.  I had been convinced that abstracts sold better than figurative, but my figurative paintings are getting more attention. I have 6 more weeks in the gallery. It will be interesting to see if this enthusiasm continues.

My classes are getting more interest, especially when I explain the encaustic process and cold wax medium. I look forward to teaching more workshops.

The images bellow are cold wax medium on canvas paper. I am switching to cradled boards now and I will post more when they are finished.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.