Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Encaustic: BEYOND THE BASICS

I am teaching both encaustic and cold wax and oil workshops again. Check my workshop blog for dates: http://ezshwan.blogspot.com/ 

Of course I offer introduction to encaustic, but more recently I find that people who have some experience with the medium come to learn more than just making sample boards.

We just finished a two day workshop, 12 hours of fun, and learning many encaustic techniques. I love sharing everything I know about this medium, and it is a lot. I shared instruction and demos of how to make encaustic medium and the paint; how to create and use laser transfers, build pattern and detail with a hot pen, incorporate rice papers, oil glazes and more.
Students in my classes make their own paintings with my direction and no one makes the same painting.

I am sure that I had as much fun as Jean and Cynthia had.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.