Monday, November 29, 2010

reworking an old painting

scraping off very old encaustic

applying a thick layer of blending stick

hours later, wiping off blending srick

adding oil paint

I like to blend the oil with my hand

after encapsulating with medium, and fusing, I add more oil and charcoal

some encaustic paint...

Lots more scraping, fusing, adding more oil and charcoal, I am finished for the day.
My muse hadn't completely come out of hiding today, so I decided to rework an old oil and encaustic painting. I had made this one in 1999 and it was not exciting, so I thought there was nothing to loose. I used oil sticks, layers of encaustic medium, charcoal and lots of scraping.

3 comments:

  1. You mastered the Keeping in order of the paintings...
    The last one is very very exciting!!! LOVE IT>>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love too Ezshwan! She is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It was an interesting exercise.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.