Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Different encaustic techniques

The director of Galeria 6 will be picking up the work for the show that opens Saturday. So, I have taken some time to experiment with textures and techniques for a wall painting. I built up lots of varied colored layers, sprayed water into the molten encaustic to cause the pitting. I scraped a lot; used charcoal and a black Mexican glue that burns. It took seven days of continual work and I am not sure how I feel about the finished painting. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish I could see this in person! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.