Sunday, February 27, 2011

A day of art in a "Ghost Town"

I spent all of yesterday in Pozos where they had gallery openings and artists' open studios. It was perfect weather and I saw lots of people I know and met other art lovers who became new friends. I didn't photograph any of the wonderful art, just interesting textures and things that caught my eye while walking from one studio to another.

Pozos was once one of, if not the largest, silver mining town in Mexcio and is less than an hour's drive from San Miguel. It is raising itself from the ashes, actually crumbling adobe, and becoming a special spot for art, beautiful restaurants and hotels.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.