Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Getting it right

 This painting that I thought was finished, was hanging not far from my computer and I looked at it day and night. It just wasn't right. I felt the whole right side was a big boring square and during all the re-working the perspective changed.

I studied a real peeling wall here in San Miguel and used that as a model for the last change.

Previously, I would have just painted over it, but there was something about this painting that kept me coming back.
What are your thoughts?







the peeling wall , and some color changes- I think it is a lot better.

3 comments:

  1. I love it and I think it is much better because now the wall holds my interest. The bottom right corner is a little too light and fights with the figure, but that may just be the flash on your camera, I don't know. Did the whole painting get lighter or is that the photography? I like the lighter look, I think it makes the painting fit into the modern interiors.

    Maybe you should hide your painting or put a sheet over it so you won't obsess and then check it in a week or so :) that's what I do. By the way, I always loved this painting. Hugs, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Connie,

    Thank you for the helpful comment. The painting is lighter an brighter now. The lower right corner has a glare in this shot and really isn't that light. I photograph my work indoors in a hall that is flooded with natural light from a skylight, but glare, in these larger pieces still challenges me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I am putting it it the stacks and will look at it again in a month or two.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.