Monday, December 10, 2012

I am properly chagrined.

The sale has been canceled and I understand why. Even though I thought the second painting was better than the first, it was not the same as the one on the on-line gallery. I would have done the same thing. I am embarrassed and feel chagrined. I have been in this business too long. I knew better.

 I unpacked the painting during a workshop I was giving and one of the participants in the class asked the price and all admired it. So it will sell, but not as originally planned.

Also during the class, two men tracked me down after seeing my work in the galley at the Fabrica. One of the men already owns one of my paintings and he wants to buy another - not encaustic, one of the few remaining paintings I did in oil. Here is the image of it.

It has been an interesting afternoon with one person believing that I am a scam artist and others raving about my talent. I am humbled by both opinions.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you are human. That's all. Sorry one of your clients had such an adverse reaction. We have to rise above all opinions, both favorable and otherwise.

    Sending good thoughts to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy. I realize that my "challenge" could definitely be considered deceptive. I have owned galleries and the client deserves to receive the painting she first chose.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.