Monday, January 30, 2017

Almost Like Magic

This is the last day of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge, and this is the painting I am posting. Usually there is no way that I can complete a painting in a single day, but this one still surprises me. It was as if every brush stroke of the hot encaustic paint knew exactly where to go.

My heritage is Hungarian. I am a first generation American. The only time I visited Hungary was many. many years ago. At that time Budapest was drab and under the communist rein. The only thing colorful I saw was the National ballet. The drapes in the theater were dilapidated, but the costumes were blazing with color and the dancers passionate.

Not long after my return to the U.S. , the same dance troop came to Scottsdale AZ, where I was living at the time. Naturally, I attended the performance again and afterward I danced my way to the parking lot, much to the embarrassment of my daughters.

Several years ago ,an other Hungarian Dance troop came to San Miguel de Allende MX,  my home for the past 12 years. Of course I joyfully went. This troop performed modern interpretations of the traditional dances as well as the classics.

I bought the DVD and began my series of Hungarian dancers. This is the one that happened almost like magic. It is from one of the traditional dances.
24" x 32" encasustic on cradled board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.