Tuesday, April 16, 2019

What Have I Done?

I just got these two big boards from the carpenter. When I ordered them, 100 cm x 150 cm, ( 39 1/2" x 55") , I did not plan ahead. I went to pick them up Saturday and found that they were too big for my little car. I ordered a truck for Monday morning. When I got to the carpenter's workshop, the driver wasn't there. Not surprising in Mexico. I drove home and my daughter offered to use her larger car to retrieve the boards. They are now in my studio, overwhelming everything else, including me. The first free day I have this week, I will start with a few layers of white milk paint.


I wonder if I had been feeling very creative when I ordered them, or just ridiculous. These will be the largest encaustic painting I have ever made. Finishing the 48" x 48" Tetraptych was exciting enough to make me take on the challenge of creating an even bigger encaustic painting, or two. I will post process photos.


The last creation of the Lightness of Being series 48" x 48"



2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to see what you do next! Keep up the good work, you inspire us all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, I just saw your comment. Thank you. I will keep on, because I don't know what else to do.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.