Sunday, October 17, 2010

Mexico City

Lena, Victoria and I spent the last three days in Mexico City, (D.F.) and each time we visit, we fall more in love with that amazing city. We are artists and the first thing on our agenda was to see new and exciting art. We attended the opening of Vías alternas, violencia, mujeres + arte ,  violence, women  + art. The show is being held at the museo universitario del chopo, a breath taking building designed abut 130 years ago by Eiffel, constructed in Belgium and then moved to Mexico. It was a powerful group show.



The exhibition that moved me the most was by Eduardo Olbés. He is a sculptor, who along with his assistants spent the last two years creating this show where faces of murdered women are painted on bone and the thousand of "bullets" are made of marble, some pieces resembling mandalas for narcos.




Lena and me, Vick was behind the camera
The next day we spent shopping. I always buy bees wax in D.F., but we all found more irresistible treasures. The restaurants were wonderful and we laughed and enjoyed ourselves so much that we began to think about how we can spend more weeks in this wonderful place.


 Check out the link below for more information on visiting Mexico City.


 http://www.mexicocityexperience.com/emails/1010/101110.html

3 comments:

  1. OOoo! Sounds like so much fun. I have not spent time in MC for 20 years, however I agree .. it's a wonderful, exciting city with so much to offer. Glad you had a relaxing, exciting get away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you come back. You probably wouldn't recognize the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am thankful for this tremendous post, I am delighted I detected this web site on google .

    As a final point , give permission me thank you for your patience with my English as (I'm confident you have figured this by now,), English is not my main tongue therefore I am using Google Translate to shape out what to put in writing what I really mean to voice.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.