Saturday, December 17, 2011

Carved encaustic

 I got my Internet back Wednesday. 12 days without was frustrating.

This is a painting I have been working on for a while. I am almost finished. My inspiration for the carving was  huge pepper tree across the street. I still am planning on adding red berries with the hot pen.


detail of layering
I finally got the layering luminosity on the bottom that I wanted. Many layers with clear medium between. I also rubbed on some oil stick then covered it with medium.

carving of leaves

2 comments:

  1. Your painting is gorgeous! I was filled with warmth and wonder when I saw your beautiful wax! The layering is so lovely and the carving is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This one is bringing me back the "dead space" I was in after the opening of the November show.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.