Wednesday, January 11, 2012

figurative encaustic

I had a pleasant surprise this morning to find that one of my encaustic nude paintings was featured on this blog:

http://www.figureitart.com/blogs/welcome-to-figure-it-art/day-dreaming-with-ezshwan-winding

  Yesterday, while instructing the staff at Galeria One on the encuastic process, a tiny, old Mexican woman came in the gallery asking if I wanted her to model for me. As it happens, I had been thinking about adding some figures to some of my unfinished encaustic "wall" paintings. I felt they were lacking in a focus. What a face this woman has! I made an appointment with her and we will meet in the gallery in 2 weeks, after the show opens Saturday and my week of giving workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.