Monday, April 23, 2012


My computer crashed a week ago. This was the fourth hard drive installed on my "demon" computer. There were days I thought I would never be able to get everything back. Of course, I had everything backed up on an external hard drive, but so what if the computer is dead? I learned my lesson after my hard working tech spent days on it and brought it to life again today. I wrote down all my passwords on real paper.

10" x 10" encaustic, oil and rice paper

10" x 10" encaustic, oil, collage
One good thing about not accessing the computer, I finally was inspired to start a new series. I made a couple of small paintings and am looking forward to continuing in this vein. I will make a YouTube video of the process and let you know when it is posted.

3 comments:

  1. Well, just make sure that the written password is for your eyes to see only, okay? And don't lose it! Having a backup was a brilliant move. I suggest you backup your files online too, Ezshwan - it's something like a double security.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just make sure that the written password is for your eyes to see only, okay? And don't lose it! Having a backup was a brilliant move. I suggest you backup your files online too, Ezshwan - it's something like a double security.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion. I do back up online and I found Goggle Documents to be great for things like my entire manuscript. I have been working on my memoir for years, and wouldn't want to lose that.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.