Monday, April 16, 2012

My raised vegetable garden on my terrace. I harvest everyday

Early morning inspiration
I have just had a realization that I have been painting for over 60 years! No wonder I am becoming impatient with artists that work in the encaustic medium who do not make paintings, just pretty surfaces. These are the most boring images I have even seen and the web is full of these images. Is there a female version of curmudgeon? 

I am doing more art teaching in the workshops. I said I wasn't going to do that, but sometimes I just can't help myself. I plead with people to look at negative space, use some composition...

I am taking a break from teaching and enjoying my garden and still editing my manuscript, but I have some painting image that are pushing into my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.