Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mural outside of the market.

Interesting rose arrangements
Where there are Mexicans, there is corn



And more corn, chiles and lime.
Pineapple vases

Flower puppies

I got the urge to get out of town Thursday and decided to go get a city fix in Mexico City. It was a quick and easy decision since bus travel is luxurious and I get half price because I am a "retired" person. that also allows me free entrance into the museums. I researched on line the happenings for the weekend and was thrilled to find that a festival of flowers was opening on the day of my arrival in San Angel, one of the many zones of the city. After a long taxi ride, because of the stop and go traffic, I was dropped off at the park with the white tents. It didn't take long to discover that the displays would not be ready until the next day.

It was a bit of a disappointment, but the next day, I went to the huge wholesale market in the city to see miles of flowers and arrangements.
It is not often that flowers can be mistaken for stuffed animals. I walked the market for an hour and still did not see everything. Who needed the festival of flowers? Here was a ocean of flowers to experience and it happens every week. The quality of the photos is poor because I used my iPod camera, but you can get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.