Saturday, November 10, 2012

Hungarian Dance paintings




Both of my parents were born in Hungary and I grew up hearing the music of that country and my mother's stories of the traditions.

Years ago, I saw the Hungarian ballet in Budapest. At that time is was the only color I found in that city. There were still very much under the communist rule. A few months later the same group came to Scottsdale AZ, where we were living.

Just a couple of weeks ago, the Hungarian Dance Company came to San Miguel.
I was so impressed with the passion and action of the company's performance that I chose to start a new series based on those dancers.

24" x 24"

12" x 12"

!2" x 12"
Here are the first three paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.