Monday, March 18, 2013

Painting portraits in encaustic

beginning loose charcoal drawing on oil primed, milk paint board


Finished piece.
 I am photographing each step I make while painting a portrait in encaustic. This is for my planned book, "Painting Portraits in Encaustic" I will be including the palette, tools and fusing methods that I use. I do not want my figurative work to look like an oil painting. I love the texture and luminosity of encaustic and I want those qualities to speak in the portraits.

2 comments:

  1. So awesome! So glad I took the time to meet you and learn from you...I really enjoyed the class. I'm doing a few portraits myself and it is so much fun. So far Marilyn Monroe is my favorite but looking forward to buying that book.

    Saludos,

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Victor,

    Good to hear from you. I would love to see some of your work. Send me some images. It was fun to have your private class together. So much more can be cover in a private session.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.