Monday, May 19, 2014

More process images

I am making oil portrait sketches trying to get very loose. I have a tendency to get too concentrated on the details and lose spontaneity. Since I am between series and have a couple of hours a week with a beautiful model, I will continue to work on this exercise until I can get the results I want.

I find photographing the process tells me a lot. When I look at the photos, I can see what needs fixing and usually, I have taken the work too far. Too much smoothing and working to get a likeness.

This model has such gorgeous eyes that in this exercise, I decided to block them out. I love painting eyes - who doesn't? but I find they can become the focus of the painting.

I am going to stop on this one today and look at it again tomorrow. I don't like it. I will start another one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.