Thursday, November 19, 2015

Is She Finished? Rosa Parks

I worked another day on this painting and I am feeling burned out. That is a sure sign to stop. I will check out Rosa Parks this morning and see if I am satisfied, if so, I am thinking that she will be the end of this series. I could go on for months painting women who changed the world, but it has to end sometime.  A benefit of doing series like these is that I learn so much from the investigation.

I have made many faces in 2015 and only a cuple of abstract paintings, and I am getting a pull to work more abstractly. I have some ideas where to go next - back to encaustic. I have to get the studio set up with encaustic for students next week, so that seems like a logical time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.