Monday, December 28, 2015

Birth, Death and Resurrection - of a Painting

I claimed and thought I was finished with the  series, Women Who Changed the World, but I was convined by another artist that the last painting I made when I was in pain, just didn't hold up to the rest of the series. I had to admit that it really didn't.

Now that I am feeling well, I decided not only to paint another Rosa Parks, but included a Mexican women in the series. That painting will shared in another bog posting.

Here is the first Rosa Parks


Next step; I asked my studio assistant to scrape off the oil paint, down to the encasutic.



Now, the new Rosa Parks is finished:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.