Friday, December 21, 2018

More Encaustic Techniques

Happy Holidays to all.


As most of you know, I have been working in encaustic for more than 20 years. Most of that time I was a purist and would only use the hot wax, resin, pigment  mixture to create my paintings. I felt that incorporating other techniques was somehow cheating.

Now I am on a different path. I use encaustic to accomplish the effect I want, and use it  in any archival way to assure my collectors that my work will outlast me and them.

Two of my encaustic paintings in a gallery

textured encaustic

Figurative Encasutic

Here I added cold wax textures over the encaustic

My latest series, Lightness of Being, ink, watercolor, painted rice paper, encaustic

Lightness of Being,  ink, watercolor, painted rice paper, encaustic

Lightness of Being,  ink, watercolor, painted rice paper, encaustic

From the Memories Series, milk paint, ink, oil paint, transfers, charcoal, encaustic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.