Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Encaustic workshops, gallery shows and sales

I haven't had the time to post much lately. The days have been full and positive, so here is a catch up.

The beginning of August I had the privilege of showing my work in two wonderful galleries in San Miguel de Allende.
One of my larger paintings outside the door of the gallery. Sold

Opening night. That is me talking to the young sculptor who made the work in the middle

The invitation to the Nude exhibit at the second gallery

Someone checking out my paintings. These are older oil paintings


Then my daughter, Cynthia Hamilton and I went to Mexico City for a wonderful short vacation to celebrate my birthday. We are never disappointed by our visits to this huge city.
Checking Google I found this:

"Mexico City has more museums than any other city in the world (150+ at last count). ... The most famous national museums are the Anthropology and HistoryMuseum, the Natural History Museum, the Modern Art Museum, the San IldefonsoMuseum, and the Templo Mayor museum" 

None of these were on our agenda, although I have visited all of them at other times. We always start our adventure by going to the Tamayo art museum. We decided since we only had a few days, not to venture unto the unknown and just retrace our steps to our favorite places.


Here is Cynthia in the park next to our hotel in Colonia Roma

An afternoon glass of rosé at the Tamayo museum

This old lady on this old bench in Chapultepec part next to the Modern Art Museum and across from the Tamayo museum

Then to add to this art filled month, I had a full workshop for the introduction to encaustic.




This was a beginning class in encaustic for all the participants
Everyone worked differently and I worked individually with each one, using slightly different techniques after the basics of encaustic were mastered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.