Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another painting finished today

"Contrasts", encaustic, oil, ink on board.

The last two days it had cooled down considerably. The temperatures had been over 90 degrees - closer to 100, for a few weeks. I like the heat, but I finally had to admit "it was hot!" Not a good time to be working in the studio with heated trays and a torch, but yesterday I could spend more than 6 uninterrupted hours finishing paintings. One is quite a disaster, and is going back in the stacks to be looked at a later time.
















Monday and Tuesday I went on a trip with a group to Tequisquiapan. I am still trying to learn to say that one. My Mexican friends tell me that what I am saying is "mas o menos"

This town is only 2 hours from San Miguel, but the energy was quite different. I loved that the entire center was closed to traffic and the quiet and beauty was palpable.  We were there for the wine and cheese festival. I had a bit too much champagne, but it was such a treat... lots of water before I went to bed and all was well in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely little town. I love the way the vines are trained around the windows. Your new piece is very earthy and so creamy looking. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece. Love the colors and the movement. The little town looks nice too! I enjoy visiting your Blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as if Google has fixed the problem.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.