Saturday, June 25, 2011

Final rework?

This painting has been stuck in the the stacks for many weeks. I put it in the studio and there it sat for more than a week. Although I have not been working, I have a habit of just going in several times a day...and finally, I knew what has been bothering me... I picked up some oil pastels, something I seldom use because it made with paraffin, but I touched up some details on the face, skirt and flowers. Can you see the differences between the first one, below and the above one?

2 comments:

  1. Yes indeed, the second one is "there"; great contrast in the face - it really shines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but since viewing it on this blog, I realize that the whole right side is boring and flat. Nothing that a good scraping won't fix---maybe.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.