Friday, October 28, 2011

encaustic inspiration from Guatemala

I got home at midnight last night after a wonderful trip to Antigua, Guatemala. To say that I am inspired, is an understatement. Because of the torrential rains, flooding and roads washed away, we had to revise our plans and spend more time in the city of Antigua. The experience of that city completely surprised me. I was expecting a lovely town with a colorful history, but I was delighted to discover the fabulous, high end dining, exquisite stores and much more.

For this post, I will concentrate on the walls that captured my attention and inspire me to a new series.













If any of you also are inspired by the textures, colors and layering, feel free to use any of the photos.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful walls... I can completely understand your passion about these! They are true artworks by themselves. It would be very difficult to created such textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,

    I agree, it will be impossible to improve on the beauty and texture of the images of the walls, but I hope they will be inspiration for a new series; at least a starting point to build and scrape layers of encaustic.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.