Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Back to encaustic abstracts

I am getting ready for a gallery show in January and although I have lots of new figurative paintings to show, I wanted to make a few new abstracts. I have piles of older paintings that I am not satisfied with and started painting over a few. Here are the results:
This was the under painting

after a few days work it turned into this

Similar feel, but smaller and no shot of the under painting

I had started to scrape off all the encasutic paint and I discovered that the board had a beautiful stain. I left the side painting and worked on the middle part for a couple of days, filling in the lower scraped part with clear encaustic and working on top of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.