Monday, March 28, 2016

Drawing From Life

I haven't been using live models for quite a while and I miss the spontanaity of sketching rapidly. I like using ink since there is no going back to correct - or at least not much.

When I traveled with my late husband, Kai Winding , I always had a sketch pad handy and I would draw as fast as possible, since jazz musicians do not stand still while playing.

Here are some of my sketches:

This is from my book, Yoga for Musicians and Other Special People. Long since out of print.

Nice, France, jazz Festival


Kai winding on the cover of my book

More recent drawings of local models


30 second pose

conté crayon

60 second pose

45 minute pose



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.