Thursday, July 21, 2016

Fireworks At Dawn

I apologize to all to bought my memoir, Fireworks at Dawn for the sloppy editing. I recently re-read the Kindle version and was appalled and embarrassed. Whole paragraphs were missing as well as one paragraph had been repeated twice. The manuscript had been edited for years, not only by me, but by writer friends and a professional.  It was the transfer to Kindle that moved things out of place and left out sentences that helped to hold the story together.   It has been suggested to me that I hire a professional to re-create the manuscript on Kindle. That is an expense that I don't want. I had spent 18 consecutive days working on getting the manuscript into the Kindle form, even following the Kindle book on how to do it.

It has been a few years since I published my memoir. I had been promoting it and receiving positive comments on Amazon. The last one mentioned the poor editing. That was when I went back to read it again. I do not know if every other reviewer was being kind, or things got worse. I unpublished it a few days ago. I will concentrate on painting.

I originally thought that if my story helped just one person to live their dream, even after 60 or 70 years of age, I will have accomplished my purpose. Several people told me it did inspire them not to give up living to the maximum. 

Here is one of the comments that made the years of writing the memoir, worth it:

"I just finished reading your book, Fireworks at Dawn and felt a need to thank you for writing it.  It was an inspiration for me.
I purchased it from Amazon.com for my Kindle and was intriqued by the synopsis they listed on their website.  Your life has had numerous challenges but you always came through with a positive attitude and lesson learned.  Congratulations on living life to the fullest!

I am also living in Mexico...Morelia to be exact...for the last three and a half years.  My struggle is trying to succeed with a business in Mexico during this recessionary times.  Very challenging and that is why your book inspired me to keep going and to visualize a positive goal of success.  I am a Phoenix native so we have that connection also.  Thank you for your creative endeavors that inspire and lift up people." 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.