Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Women In A Role of Nurturer and Conqueror

I attempted to register for an online completion featuring nude paintings, called, "Flesh." After about 40 minutes of trying to load the images to the site, I gave up.

It was interesting to go back through my photos to find images that I made before I moved to San Miguel de Allende in 2004. All these painting sold years ago and I was pleased to find that I still had some images stored on my computer.

This series was named "Nudes and Food" All painted in oil. My idea was the associaion of women with beauty and nurturing: often through providing comfort, love and of course food.

Along with my search for the original statement, I found a statement from the University of Oregon, about other paintings that I had in their "ART OF THE EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN" show ; Ezshwan's work is very personal and powerful. It places women in a role of nurturer and conqueror."
 Wow! I love that review!

A Loaf of Bread, A Jug of Wine and....

Whipped Crea,

The Banana Peel

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.