Sunday, October 6, 2013

encaustic and oil... still working

Yesterday

Today
Yesterday

today
Today I just worked on 2 of the paintings. Mostly on the oil figure and the encaustic and oil background of that figure. The camera gives me a different view, and a record of the progress - or lack of it. What do you think? I am feeling that I like the warmer background of the figure painted in oil. Today I used more encaustic in the background and some more stenciling.

The painting I posted yesterday with the stenciled pattern over her face, today looked like the poor woman had a serious skin disease. That's one to scrape off.

There was another painting that I worked on yesterday that I forgot to post. It is better, but still not great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.