Monday, October 7, 2013

Finished, almost finished and ruined

I spent about 6 hours in the studio today, realizing that I would much rather start painting than finish them. The starts are always fresh and full of potential.
I finished the oil painted figure with encaustic background. Once again it is over worked. When will I learn?

The second oil, mixed with encaustic is almost finished and the third one, "The Red Hat" is awful, and went back to the stacks to be scraped off another day. I was never comfortable with that one. the pose and clothing just weren't right.

I will prepare new boards tomorrow for bigger paintings and hope for the best. The ones I have been working on are 24" x 24"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.