Saturday, October 5, 2013

More unfinished portraits in encaustic, oil and lots of scraping

I am working on several paintings at once. Hopefully, that will keep from getting picking and overworking. These are all still in progress. It is an interesting journey. These painting will be finished when they are finished. I don't know when.

I find that photographing the progress everyday helps to see what is working and what isn't.
The figure is painted in oil, encaustic over oil stained board and more oil on top.
oil and encaustic
all encaustic painting, after scraping almost everything I had done before.
Another reworked painting. All encaustic
Encaustic over an old encaustic painting. Lots of scraping through the many layers
Clear medium with stencil over the face. It will clear some more when it is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.