Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Do You Want to Draw Faces?


From my Messenger series, Oil on board


If you have been following my blog, you know that I have spent most of the past year and this year painting figuratively. Every once in a while I think about painting abstractly again, and then am so inspired by the resurgence of strong figurative art, mostly made by young international artists who really know how to draw, paint, and create something new.

I hear many artist saying that they can not draw. Drawing is seeing; really seeing and measuring and I can introduce you to that ability.

I have online classes in drawing and painting faces. I am not teaching portraiture, that is a big difference. It doesn’t matter if you get a great likeness with these classes, I want to share with you the simple way to get a face that looks real, not just a caricature.

Learn to create faces in oil, acrylic, cold wax, pencil, charcoal, ink wash, ink pencil, chalk pastel, and oil pastel, .You do not need to be an accomplished artist. This course is designed for both beginners and professionals.

There are 10 classes, each using a different technique. You can watch them over and over whenever you want; https://vimeo.com/ondemand/21068

Here are some examples from my student. He only has one hour a week for a class with me. Of course he continues to paint after work and his children are asleep.


Here is where my studen José Luis started.




after a few week working with me

Conté crayon


Oil  

José Luis worked as an abstract painter for years before. Now, he is loving painting faces.
Check out my website for more examples of my work.http://ezshwan.com

I will work online with artists and non artist everywhere.

The Art Mentoring Program is something new and intended as a long distance mentoring program, to provide one-on-one guidance to artists working in any medium no matter where they live.   My goal is to give artists honest, clear feedback on their artwork and to engage in meaningful conversation that will help them focus their art practice to develop a cohesive body of work.

Cost: $100 for 4 sessions

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.