Saturday, September 29, 2012


The name of this painting is, Shadow of an Angel. Can you find the angel?

  I will be donating it to an auction to supporting a wonderful children's art program in some of the poorest areas in San Miguel de Allende. I made this work 6 years ago, and at that time I didn't realize that all those dots had to be well fused into the surface. Many of them had popped off through the years. I used an encasutic hot pen to rebuild them all. Everything really is square, but my camera distorted it.



 The detail is of the carving I did into the encaustic surface.




I have a few more of this series that I intend to freshen up and make sure that the surface is stable and permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.