Monday, April 20, 2015

A Change of Plans

The other night, over dinner, my daughter suggested that I make 50 portraits rather than 100. She said, "I like the sound of 'Fifty Faces." I had to agree. This is the start of the 5th week of work on the project and I have 21 faces completed, and 6 in the beginning stages.

I still plan to have an exhibition in my home gallery of the finished faces and publish a book. The portraits till be available for purchase for $425 + shipping. This is less than half of my usual price.

People have been sending me photos and some have been wonderful and many others I can't use because they are too small, too cloudy, no contrast or facial details. I can not interpret a face in paint that I can not see clearly.

Here are a couple of photos that are good examples of what I can use.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.