Friday, April 3, 2015

Some days it is a struggle, Portrait Project

The past couple of days I haven't had as much fun in the studio. I get that clutch in the solar plexus when I look at the days work and realize that the likeness is not right. I try to tell myself that it doesn't matter, but that is just not my nature. I want the faces to be strong, with powerful brush strokes, but I have been softening the under painting with this child's face and a couple of the women's faces.

I will work in the garden a bit today, now that summer came to San Miguel with a sudden blast of very warm air. My vegetables in pots are doing well, and I love going out the front door to "harvest"

Cynthia, my daughter, is coming home tonight after being in San Francisco for 2 months and her dog is coming back this morning from doggy camp after being gone for 37 days and he will need a bath.

Perhaps, after that break, maybe things will look better in the studio.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Please leave your comments and suggestions on what you would like to see on this blog.